What is HLR Number Lookup?
The HLR(Home Location Register) is a database of all active customers of a mobile network, including their numbers, service entitlements, and number porting histories.
What is HLR Scan?
HLR (Home Location Register) is the database of all active mobile numbers registered in a GSM network. HLR keeps track of subscribers’ SIM card identities (IMSI) and mobile phone numbers (MSISDN).
When a mobile device connects with a mobile network, a Message Switching Center (MSC) will access the network providers’ HLR and use the International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) code to control what services the subscriber is allowed to access as part of their contract. .
Note that all mobile operators serving 2G and 3G networks will have their own HLR. 4G and 5G networks have separate databases for the same purpose.
A subscriber will remain in his operator’s HLR until he cancels his contract or until the contract expires.
Why is HLR Needed?
SMS is an affordable system for communicating with customers, but people are changing their numbers and switching from one operator to another, nowadays many people change carriers without changing their own number.
This flow is very difficult for a business to follow. It leads to extra SMS costs and reduced return on investment (RoI).
Campaigns made through the SMS channel can be limited to a specific location, customer base or time. In these cases, it is possible that the person who will receive the message is out of coverage or has switched off his phone. Knowing such situations in advance greatly reduces the costs of the marketing campaign.
UIPAPP HLR Scanning service connects to the network to which a certain mobile number is connected, and checks whether the subscriber is currently roaming, whether his phone is switched on or whether his line has been cancelled.
HLR Scan shows precisely which network a number originally belonged to and on which network it is currently located.
Businesses, dealers and other initiatives that want to direct the SMS they send correctly reduce their messaging costs by using our HLR service. HLR Scan also helps you refresh your customer database by debugging and cleaning it.
Key Features and Benefits
- Increases the profit you make while receiving the service and clarifies the number of customers you reach. It helps to extract your invalid, inaccessible or faulty data.
- It reduces the cost and directs the messages correctly.
- By directing the message correctly, it eliminates the problems caused by number porting and roaming.
- Optimizes pricing and billing.
- Allows messaging for the needs and trends of various markets.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Guarantee and service availability
- Can be used with other SMS services.
- IMSI – (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) – International Mobile Subscriber Identity; It is the number on your SIM card, serves for authentication and indicates which operator the subscriber is connected to.